More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: October 20, 2009
Security risk management experts Pilgrims Group has provided information and intelligence advice on diverse countries such as Papua New Guinea, Australia and the South China Sea for Charley Boorman’s latest extreme travel television adventure.
The challenge, currently being shown on BBC2, saw Charley travel ‘By Any Means’ through some of the world’s most hostile terrain and across the most treacherous oceans.
As official security provider with an ongoing partnership, the Big Earth team rely upon Pilgrims’ Information Services department to provide country specific risk assessments prior to the start of their trips in order to satisfy the BBC’s stringent due diligence. The Pilgrims Global Operation Centre also provided 24/7 security and evacuation cover for the expedition.
“We collate, cross-reference, analyse and add expert comment to thousands of raw information sources every month,” said David Strachan-Morris, Manager of Pilgrims’ Information Services team of intelligence analysts. “Every month on behalf of our international business clients, we transform this raw information into actionable intelligence reporting.”
‘By Any Means 2’ is the latest adventure from Big Earth, the team that produced the hit travel series’ ‘Long Way Down’, featuring Ewan McGregor, and ‘By Any Means’. True to the ‘By Any Means’ formula, the new series sees Boorman tested to his limits as he gets behind the wheel of every vehicle he can lay his hands on from spitfires, jeepneys and outrigger canoes, through to the occasional motorbike.
“Pilgrims has an exceptional reputation for their work within the industry and is able to offer a fully comprehensive support system to our ‘By Any Means’ expedition,” said Big Earth Production Coordinator, Sarah Blackett.
Due to its heritage of performing security tasks anywhere in the world, Pilgrims’ Operational Consulting services feeds its own information collection operations, providing first-hand insights from its offices and teams around the globe, all of which is managed through Pilgrims’ operations centre, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
“Providing detailed risk assessment and contingency planning for such a fluid task offered its own challenges,” said William Freear, Pilgrims’ Managing Director. “We constantly create specific reports for our clients going into hostile environments, which are key to safe operations.”
Charley’s progress can be followed by watching ‘By Any Means 2’ shown on BBC2, Sundays at 9pm.
Pilgrims offers a comprehensive range of products designed to deliver its accrued intelligence to clients in all business sectors. Other services include UK and international business security consultancy and risk mitigation.
Pilgrims conducts regular Business Traveller training courses enabling employers to be proactive in staff safety and security when travelling, and is one of the largest providers of hostile environment training and protection to the world’s media.