More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: September 11, 2009
Worldwide security and risk management specialists Pilgrims Group has announced further expansion of its team to identify and address strategic and political threats providing global security risk mitigation services for business.
Businesses currently face complex political and security risks. The need to mitigate these risks is increasingly understood as a way to improve business continuity and enable engagement in emerging markets or regions requiring a high degree of caution.
In his new role with Pilgrims, Nick Hook will be focussed on enabling and facilitating clients’ operations in difficult and emerging markets around the world whilst protecting their brand, people, data and assets. He will provide end to end support covering strategic overview, advice on policy, procedures and protocols, as well as implementing or project managing specific measures in individual countries. The role takes this burden away from businesses and allows them to focus on their main objectives.
Nick has expansive and varied operational experience at UK strategic level, as well as a wealth of experience in senior management roles in the private sector in the Middle East. Along with commercial and Middle East experience Nick also served as a Commissioned Officer for 11 years with the UK military during which time he facilitated liaisons with host nation forces and government agencies, NATO forces, NGOs and belligerent factions during the Kosovo conflict.
“The ability to facilitate activity in areas of high risk or instability and introduce consistent standards is vital,” says Nick. “Pilgrims implements the enhancement and integration of existing security capabilities to support business continuity, IT integrity and company personnel. Using my broad experiences, this role gives the opportunity to provide services to the commercial risk and security consultancy sector within a highly reputable firm. I look forward to assisting Pilgrims in this growth sector and to adding further value to our global business clients as part of a well established and highly competent team.”
Pilgrims’ Managing Director, Bill Freear, commented: Nick’s extensive management and international relations skills will compliment the vast wealth of experience that Pilgrims Group already has to offer. Nick will have direct responsibility for key clients’ operations and ensuring Pilgrims’ high levels of customer support are continued. We are delighted to have such an experienced and motivated security specialist join the growing Pilgrims team.”