More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: August 7, 2009
Pilgrims Group has run a CONDO refresher course conducted for BAE systems, testing delegates in areas such as emergency procedures and medical training before deployment to Afghanistan.
“Pilgrims has a very ‘hands on’ approach to CONDO training - we like to throw our delegates in at the deep end and test them as soon as they arrive,” explained Sam Mostyn, Training Manager at Pilgrims.
“Skill fade is a major problem for contractors, who may have completed their initial CONDO training over a year ago. Throwing them into a realistic hostile scenario cold is a great way to test what they have remembered from their primary training.”
Pilgrims maintains it is important that contractors put their staff through regular CONDO training, and understand the real aim behind each core module. “Quality training with constant questioning and testing means that BAE staff are deployed ready to hit the ground running,” said Mostyn.
Pilgrims personnel include individuals from UK Special Forces, Intelligence Corps, commercial risk assessment, security and other complimentary backgrounds. Its world-wide team’s training and operational experience is second to none and ensures an appropriate response in every situation. This experience is passed on in the company’s bespoke training courses.
Other specialist courses run by Pilgrims include Business Traveller Safety, Hostile Environment, Media Safety, and Travel Med training.