More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: April 21, 2009
Graham Urwin has joined security and risk management experts Pilgrims Group in the role of Client Operational Security Manager, bringing with him over 22 years of Royal Military Police and Intelligence Corps experience and over ten years in senior corporate security positions.
In addition to Graham’s exemplary service in the RMP and British Army Intelligence Corps, during which he received a Commander in Chief’s Commendation, he has accrued over ten years’ experience as a security practitioner, managing and advising high profile organisations such as Foster Wheeler Energy, The Post Office, Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK and the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority.
In his role with Pilgrims, Graham will be focussed on specific client operations around the world; ensuring clients receive advice, information and operational support in a timely, flexible and effective manner.
“Having fulfilled senior corporate security positions in several large firms, I felt joining Pilgrims would allow me to further utilise this knowledge and insight within a highly respected security organisation,” said Graham. “The role allows me to focus on corporate global security challenges whilst having the support of a dedicated group of security professionals to help implement the solutions. This has been successfully demonstrated in my work for the global energy engineering and construction company Foster Wheeler."
Pilgrims’ Managing Director, Bill Freear, commented: “As part of an evolving organisation we have to continually seek out and recruit people with additional skill sets and experience. Graham brings a new dimension and an excellent knowledge base which further strenghtens our team and broadens Pilgrims’ service offering to clients. We are delighted to have Graham as a colleague and look forward to a long and beneficial working relationship.”