More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: August 8, 2008
Pilgrims Group has been awarded the national SunGard Availability Services (UK) Limited contract to provide manned security guarding teams to SunGard’s availability services locations across the UK.
Consisting of 16 of SunGard’s 20 UK sites from central Scotland to Dorset, including a number of sites in central London, Pilgrims will secure these buildings, providing front-of-house security services, including guarding access control and visitor management.
SunGard is the pioneer and leading provider of Information Availability services. Its award-winning business continuity, disaster recovery and managed services help keep customers’ people and critical business information connected when, where and how it matters, helping ensure availability to its customers.
“The security of our recovery sites is imperative to help us support our customer base,” said SunGard Availability Services’ UK security manager, Mark Brown. “We chose Pilgrims Group because of its reputation and expertise in dealing with high-end niche security requirements. We were also impressed with Pilgrims Group’s ability to offer up-to-the-minute intelligence services which will alert us to the latest information in areas that can affect our business and customers, such as terrorist attacks.”
Pilgrims Group commercial manager Martin Neil commented: “Our extensively trained teams and high-level information services help us to provide peace of mind to our customers and their clients, helping ensure the support system is in place for the smooth running of availability services operations. We are delighted to be chosen to provide our expertise to SunGard.”