More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: December 21, 2016
Pilgrims Group has been successfully providing control room personnel to the British High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria, for the past 21 months. Recently the international security specialist was awarded full responsibility for running the facility as an addition to its existing UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) Guarding Contract.
The BHC’s control room monitors and protects the British diplomatic presence in Nigeria, including the many development initiatives it operates to provide education and training to those Nigerian communities most affected by poverty or political/religious disruption.
Under the new contract, the control room is staffed by full time controllers responsible for 24 hour tracking of all personnel and vehicles working for British Government agencies including BHC, BDHC, DFID and the British Council, both in Nigeria and neighbouring countries. Its other duties include 24 hour monitoring of panic alarm and guard monitoring units in Nigeria (including monthly tests); monitoring of all two way radio communication with UK staff in Abuja; managing all emergency calls from BHC, BDHC, DFID, British Council and LE staff; managing the emergency movement of quick reaction force (QRF) teams in Abjua and Lagos; and managing the electronic reporting of all incidents.
“Our operators’ continuous high level of performance, plus the service delivery by Pilgrims Group, throughout our association with the FCO have led directly to the award of this contract,” says Frikkie Theart, BHC Contract Manager for Pilgrims Africa Limited Nigeria.
David Freear, Pilgrims Group Chief Operating Officer, says: “By awarding Pilgrims Group this contract, the FCO has demonstrated its confidence in our service and procedures. As we have regularly shown, our training, systems and ability to use local information continue to keep our clients and their projects safe both in Nigeria and other countries faced with political or other disturbance.”
To enquire about how Pilgrims’ Africa’s services can help your organisation, contact MD, Cobus Claassens mailto:email@example.com.