More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: December 21, 2016
For the third year running, international security specialist Pilgrims Group has won a prestigious Security & Fire Excellence Award (SEA), this time for its work protecting an international aerospace electronics client in Afghanistan.
At a ceremony this November hosted by comedian Jimmy Carr at London’s Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, Pilgrims was presented with the SEA International Achievement Award for the second year running.
this year for enabling the communications contractor Harris’ sustainable, secure communications programme in Afghanistan, which caught the judges’ eyes.
The project involved the very rapid mobilisation and full operation of a training school and maintenance centre providing the foundation for teaching Afghan engineer instructors and engineers to support the secure communications equipment provided to every major organisation in the Afghan Security Forces. The judges clearly recognised the excellent teamwork required and the challenges of delivering such a project on time in the extremely challenging security context in Afghanistan. Also, recognising the significance of the outcome – a sustainable capability of secure communications across all forces engaged in the fight against terrorism.
Pilgrims COO, David Freear, said: “This award recognises the abilities of our teams working in some of the most challenging locations in the world and we’re delighted and proud to accept it. Their achievement is all the more impressive as this year has been particularly competitive, with entries up by 17% compared to last year. Winning an award like this demonstrates that our peers in the industry acknowledge the quality of what we do and is a great testament to our staff who work so hard for our clients around the world.”
In 2015, Pilgrims won the International Achievement Award for their work having won the security contract in support of the British Consulates in Nigeria, redesigning the contracted security team configuration and transforming their performance, in parallel with enabling the continued development of the individual through innovative learning methodologies.
The annual SEA Awards are supported by the international security and fire prevention exhibitions IFSEC International and FIREX International, held side by side at Excel, London, every June.
About Pilgrims Group:
Pilgrims Group Limited provides industry award-winning risk management solutions, from strategic consulting and project management to operational risk mitigation delivery, such as embedded risk experts, training, technology, communications, guarding and logistics.
Providing services internationally and in the UK, Pilgrims has a highly credible industry-leading Executive team, whose experience spans the global strategic, public and private sector demand and supply side, as well as personal experience of the importance of effective operational delivery. Through the approach of focusing on client problems and budget to develop bespoke, innovative solutions, Pilgrims has enabled government bodies, NGOs, and a sector agnostic range of all sized private companies to manage risk effectively to achieve their organizational objectives, protecting people and assets, even in the most challenging places in the world.
Pilgrims commercial clients include some of the largest Energy, Financial, Pharmaceutical, Accounting, Consulting, Insurance, Media, and NGO sector companies. In addition to the UK, much of Pilgrims work is in Algeria, Nigeria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, and Yemen, The Philippines, Egypt and Pakistan. The company has won four Security Excellence Awards in the last five years: the International Achievement Award 2016 and 2015 and the Security Training Initiative of the Year in 2014 and 2012.