More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: September 25, 2013
Security and risk specialist, Pilgrims Group, continues its targeted global growth with the appointment of Matthew Cawthorne as Country Director, Iraq.
Cawthorne’s appointment follows Pilgrims recent appointments of John McCaffery as Director, Middle East and David Peploe as Director, Global Operations.
With a background of 24 years as an officer in the UK’s Royal Marines and a further five years serving a reconstruction agency and corporate clients in Iraq, Cawthorne will have responsibility for Pilgrims policy and strategy in that country, including all aspects of existing contracts and the development of new business.
“My aim is to build on Pilgrims market-leading technical excellence to grow the company's business in Iraq,” says Cawthorne. “With an estimated $1tn of infrastructure investment in the country over the coming years, we aim to provide security services for companies participating in Iraq’s resurgence as a significant regional player. I will focus on building cost effective service delivery for current and new clients, drawing on our substantial Iraq-wide network of friends and trusted contacts.”
According to Pilgrims Group Managing Director, Bill Freear, who has overseen a 15-30% annual growth in the company in recent years: “Iraq is a challenging and exciting market with huge potential for growth. Matthew’s experience, both in military service and in the world of governmental and corporate security, makes him ideally placed to continue Pilgrims success in one of our core markets.”