More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: September 14, 2012
Pilgrims Group’s Training Division has been recognised by industry, with the company being shortlisted in the ‘Security Training Initiative of the Year’ category for the 2012 Security Excellence Awards.
Pilgrims’ Security Awareness in Fragile Environments (SAFE) course, specifically built and delivered for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), has been highlighted by the judging panel, which comprise of representatives from all areas of security, including end users, academics and the policing sector.
Now in its 14th year, the awards aim to highlight the very best people, projects and processes the UK’s security sector has to offer.
Pilgrims reassessed its approach to training in late 2009, devising a new strategy and turning the traditional approach to training on its head. The result is a dynamic and effective training method that delivers consistently high results and reality based training for a wide range of markets.
“Pilgrims takes a unique approach to training and we’re delighted that the hard work of our team has been recognised by the awards’ judging panel,” says Pilgrims’ Director of Operations, David Freear.
Pilgrims has built a reputation for protecting businesses, NGOs and journalists working in unpredictable, high threat environments. Over the last two years, the company has provided training at locations in South America, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Europe, Russia, Australasia, the USA and the UK.
“Pilgrims’ training courses are not only bespoke but flexible. We are the acknowledged leaders in hostile environment training and apply our experience at this level through all our courses to give our delegates the confidence they need.”
The awards ceremony will take place at London’s Park Lane Hilton Hotel this October. The event is organised by United Business Media and hosted by online news portal, info4security.